What makes EERQI unique?
1. The Members
EERQI brings all major stakeholders together to pursue a common goal. Researchers, publishers, technologists, documetation centers etc.
2. The Content Base
In contrast to traditional quality measurement instruments, EERQI will draw upon a content base which
- contains all European research publications in electronic format in the field,
- commercially available items (publishers contributions), and
- freely available (open access) materials,
- includes books, book chapters and journal articles.
3. The Methodology
- not only look at one type of measurement (i.e. citation frequency, journal impact factor, usage statistics etc.), but
- consider the combination of measurements and indicators which can yield a more objective assessment of relevance,
- consider the contest of the evaluation procedure,
- take the multilingual nature of European scientific research and publication into account.
4. The Approach
EERQI's approach is marked by flexibility, transparency and innovation - and European: Multilingual, multilateral, multicultural and multidimensional. These four aspects distinguish the EERQI indicators and the EERQI prototype framework from other research assessement and citation analysis tools.